As we move through this pandemic and begin to think of it’s impact and effect, many peoples are asking what is going to happen now, some are predicting the worst. “The world will never be the same.” they say. “We’ll never go back to the normal.” So , what do you have to say to those predictors ? Read on ..
THE SHELTERING GOD
- God sheltered Noah and his family for one year in an ark , until Noah emerged to become the father of all the nations of the world.
- God sheltered Jacob in the home of his uncle Laban when he needed to escape the anger of his brother Esau, twenty years later, Jacob emerged with a new family , new wealth , new identity. He became Israel , The new name for God’s chosen people.
- God sheltered Joseph from his seventeenth to thirtieth year, but his slavery and prison were a big source of learning for his greatness.
- God sheltered Moses in a remote desert for forty years, but Moses came forth to liberate the Jewish people from Egypt.
- God sheltered Naomi in the Barren land of Moab , until she became bitter. But she and her daughter-in-law, Ruth, travelled to Bethlehem to participate in one of the greatest love stories of history.
- God sheltered David for fifteen years after he’d been anointed as King of Israel. When David finally assumed the throne, he was a man after God’s own heart and gave us many of the Psalms.
- God sheltered Elijah by the brook Cherith, and after the sheltering he stood alone against the Prophets of Baal in Mount Caramel.
- God sheltered Jonah for three days and three nights in a belly of a whale. When the sheltering was over, Jonah went to Nineveh to preach the History’s greatest Revival.
- God sheltered Esther while in the palace of Persia’s King, and she saved her people from Destruction.
- God sheltered the disciples in the upper room for ten days until the Holy Spirit descended on them in a dramatic way and formed and fashioned the Church.
- Lastly, and most incredibly, God sheltered Jesus in a Tomb for three days, and on the third day Jesus came forth in power to bring salvation to the world
The God who sheltered His peoples in biblical days won’t stop now. You can count on the sheltering God to help you no matter where you’ve been or where you are headed . He wants to move through your times of trouble with supernatural grace and unexplainable hope.
You have been a refuge to the poor, a refuge for the needy in their distress, a shelter from the storm and a shade from the heat. – Isaiah 25:4
Inspired from : The Sheltering God – David Jeremiah